Special Note

Please continue to visit our website as new information will be added on a weekly basis.

Quick Links




highway in monticello



Permits, Licenses & Additional Forms

A number of activities require permission or licensing from the City.  Below is a listing of permits issued by the City of Monticello, when they are needed, and how to apply for them.

Building Permit
Residents and property owners are required to obtain building permits for new construction and most additions, alterations, and renovations to existing buildings. Permits must also be issued for plumbing and electrical improvements.  Applications are submitted to City Hall for sign-off by appropriate staff and then returned to the applicant to take to the Jasper County Planning and Zoning Office where the permits are issued.  Fees are dependent on the scope of the project.

Building Permit Application 

Certificate of Appropriateness
Residents and owners of property within the Monticello historic districts are required to obtain a Certificate of Appropriateness (COA) for any exterior changes to their property.  There is a $5.00 application fee.

Certificate of Appropriateness Application

Occupational Tax Certificate

(Business License)
To request an occupational tax certificate you will need to fill out the forms below and return all completed forms to City Hall.  Please keep in mind that both affidavits must be notarized .


Employment Applications:

The City of Monticello is an equal opportunity Employer. Please complete the application below and return to City Hall:  123 W. Washington St. Monticello, GA 31064.  Applications remain on file for 90 Days.


Use of City Parks:  Funderburg Park, Westview Park, Downtown Square

If you would like to use our city parks for an event such as a birthday party, family reunion, community event, etc., you will need to fill out a USE OF SQUARE form and submit it to our Chamber of Commerce (located in the Visitors’ Center at 119 West Washington Street) for approval.

Please note:  if your event is over 50 in attendance, Mayor and Council will need to approve.  (The Chamber of Commerce will submit the request for you).

Download/Print:   Park Reservation Form

Download/Print:   Park Rules